Tim Flowers unhappy after Barnet concede seven in games against Woking and King’s Lynn


Barnet remain mired in the National League relegation zone after a 2-0 home loss to Woking was followed up by a 5-1 thrashing at the hands of King’s Lynn.

After picking up their first victory in 15 games, normal service resumed for the Bees, who conceded seven goals in just two games.

A quiet opening period in their weekend fixture hinted at improvement, despite both Charlie Cooper and Moussa Diarra going close.

However they were soon a goal down when Jamar Loza cut in from the left just before the half-hour to curl home a wonderful opener.

Barnet lost Jerome Binnom-Williams to injury before half-time and their afternoon got worse midway through the second half when Diarra tucked home after Cooper’s free-kick caused problems in the area.

There were few alarms after that, with Anthony Wordsworth’s shot easily dealt with by Woking keeper Craig Ross as they saw the game out.

Bees were then haunted by former player, Michael Gash who scored a first-half brace as King’s Lynn claimed a comprehensive National League victory over their relegation rivals to move out of the drop zone.

Gash opened the scoring just eight minutes in as he slotted home Cameron King’s cut-back and completed his brace on the 20-minute mark.

Gash, who spent two-and-a-half years with the Bees before joining King’s Lynn in 2017, headed home following some good work from Alex Kiwomya midway through the first half.

Eight minutes later JJ Hooper reduced the deficit for Barnet as he picked up a long ball from Scott Loach and made no mistake.

But King smashed the ball home to extend the hosts’ lead after 63 minutes before Dayle Southwell tapped home a fourth and Adam Marriott added the gloss moments later from a tight angle.

After the King’s Lynn drubbing, Bees manager Tim Flowers said his team had played like children and showed no pride.

““That was like watching children play, it’s nuts and bolts defending restarts,” he told…

Source : times

Comments are closed.