Barnet beaten by Yeovil Town and Hartlepool United


Barnet allowed Yeovil to continue their impressive recent run in the Vanarama National League after succumbing to a 4-1 defeat in which they finished the game with ten men.

Jimmy Smith had an early effort on goal from 25 yards but the hosts failed to heed the warning as the Yeovil midfielder put his side ahead in the 11th minute, knocking in the rebound from Reuben Reid’s initial effort.

The Glovers doubled their advantage in the 13th minute through Billy Sass-Davies’ header but Barnet halved the deficit with a terrific finish from JJ Hooper in an entertaining opening 15 minutes at the Hive.

Barnet’s evening got harder as forward Tomi Adeloye was sent off in the 35th minute, with the visitors restoring their two-goal lead in the 58th minute through Rhys Murphy’s ninth goal of the season.

Josh Neufville wrapped up Yeovil’s fifth win in six league games when he curled home beyond Scott Loach in the 80th minute and lifted his side up to 10th in the table.

The loss was a fourth consecutive one for the Bees, who were also beated 1-0 away at Hartlepool at the weekend.

Luke Armstrong’s ninth goal in 13 matches helped Pools climb up to third in the table as Tim Flowers’ men continued to struggle.

Armstrong had seen former Hartlepool goalkeeper Loach make a smart save before the striker turned Mark Shelton’s cross in from close range in the 32nd minute to continue his prolific form.

Hartlepool almost quickly doubled their lead when Rhys Oates put his effort just over and the pressure continued in the second half when Gavan Holohan’s goalbound effort’s caused a mix-up between Loach and the Barnet defence.

Shelton tried his luck from range for the hosts, with Luke Molyneux blasting over the crossbar as did Courtney Baker-Richardson at the other end for Barnet as Hartlepool claimed all three points.

After the Yeovil defeat, Barnet boss Flowers claimed he could have played in goal for the Glovers, but said the…

Source : times

Comments are closed.