The summer transfer window was unlike any other; see all the major deals and check out how we graded the biggest signings. And just because the window is shut until January, that doesn’t mean the rumours won’t keep coming. Here is the latest gossip and speculation.
TOP STORY: PSG, Atleti want Barella as contract talks stall
Inter Milan could face a fight to keep hold of midfielder Nicolo Barella, with the player’s representatives struggling to find a middle ground on wage demands in a new deal, as revealed by Corriere dello Sport.
It is reported that the player wants a salary of €6 million a year, but so far has only received an offer worth €4m annually. The struggle to make any progress on a new deal has alerted clubs across Europe, with both Atletico Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain keen on the transfer of the Italy international.
The 24-year-old’s existing contract keeps him at the San Siro until 2024, but the Serie A club could be prepared to part with the player if it means maximising the transfer fee for one of the standout performers at Euro 2020.
– ESPN+ viewers’ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (U.S. only)
– Don’t have ESPN? Get instant access
– Newcastle United’s planned spending spree has found new ground with the club looking to benefit from the situation of a number of players in LaLiga. Pedro Almeida reveals that the club are monitoring Ousmane Dembele, Isco and Jules Kounde, with all players recently linked with exits from their respective clubs.
– Manchester United are considering a move for Aurelien Tchouameni, with the Express revealing that the Premier League side see him as an ideal partner for Paul Pogba. The AS Monaco midfielder has seen Europe’s top clubs form a queue for his signature, with Monday’s blog revealing Real Madrid’s…
Source : espn