The Boston Celtics’ 2022 NBA offseason was widely hailed as among the best in the league until it imploded under a cloud of injury and scandal, leaving many fans and analysts of the ball club wondering if what had been a title contender just months earlier might end up reeling as a result of needing to replace their coach and find ways to keep their dinged-up frontcourt afloat.
So while it might have been a smack in the face to hear the likes of “Old man and the 3” podcast host and former NBAer JJ Redick project the Celtics to finish the 2022-23 season as the sixth seed in the league’s Eastern Conference, it also wasn’t based on sour grapes or stupidity.
Even so, Redick himself described the take as among the worst he has ever made on his podcast, which takes a lot of character to revisit with a mea culpa.
Check out the clip for yourself to hear what he had to say about the botched projection and some of his other more egregious mistakes in the video embedded above.
Listen to the “Celtics Lab” podcast on:
Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/3zBKQY6
- 1 Related
- 2 Brian Scalabrine on whether Jayson Tatum coud score 80 points in a game with the Boston Celtics
- 3 Where are the Boston Celtics’ stars in the 2023 All-NBA race midseason?
- 4 Jayson Tatum reveals playing through hand injury, leaked shoe image fake
- 5 Boston’s Jayson Tatum reportedly invited to take part in 2023 NBA All-Star 3-point shootout
- 6 Celtics Lab 165: What’s needed, what’s possible, and what’s likely for the Boston Celtics at the 2023 NBA trade deadline with Yossi Gozlan
- 7 Jaylen Brown is showing his maturity with the Boston Celtics
- 8 List
- 9 Midseason 2023 mock NBA draft has the Boston Celtics taking trio of forwards
- 10 List
- 11 Former Celtic Kendrick Perkins describes growing up poor after personal tragedy in new memoir
- 12 List
- 13 NBA’s midseason survey features the Boston Celtics favorably
- 14 List
- 15 Not every 1981 Boston Celtics champion was a fan of Bill Fitch’s…